In order to remove the Child and Dependent Care Credit- Form 2441 from your return using TurboTax Self Employed:
You will first need to complete the form to delete it.
- Log in to your TurboTax
- Click Take me to my return
- Click Federal Return< Deductions and Credits< Check for more tax breaks
- Click Skip to all tax breaks
- Look for the You and Your Family section. Click Update or Edit next to Child and Dependent Care
- At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016? screen, click Yes.
- Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes.
- Click Continue.
Once completed, to delete the form:
- In the upper right hand corner,
click My Account > Tools. A pop up box will appear. Click Delete a
- Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
- Click Delete Form to confirm. You should
see the message Form Successfully Deleted.
- Click Continue.
***Make sure the form is deleted by reviewing the Review Form List screen and confirming form 2441 is no longer on the list.
Here are instructions from Tax Expert RayW7 on how to delete from 2241:
- While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
- This will take you to the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2020? screen. Answer Yes (even if the real answer is no).
- Clear all boxes on the next screen, Whose care did you pay for? and Continue.
- Now you'll need to delete the 2441. From the left menu (tap in the upper-left corner on mobile devices to open the menu), select Tax Tools followed by Tools and and select Delete a Form in the pop-up.
- Scroll down the list of forms and select Delete next to Form 2441.
- Click Delete Form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue.
- Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears on the list. If it doesn't, you can select Continue With My Return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"