Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How is 1041 Estate return line 9 Income required to be distributed currently calculated?

The amount TT calculated for "income required to be distributed currently" does not make sense.  With the income I have entered, I see no way to calculate this number. (Selecting "data source" for the entry provides "There is no help content for this context".)  The number is also a number that has been rounded off to the nearest $10,000.  I can give exact numbers if needed but the number could not be arrived at with the amounts I have entered.  This number shows up on the K1 on line 1 of the allocation smart worksheet and does not seem to affect anything. 

The previous year, the amount on line 9 was the same as the amount on line 7.  I cant tell what is different this year.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How is 1041 Estate return line 9 Income required to be distributed currently calculated?

were  actual distributions $10,000.  we can't see the return so it's really not possible for us to say why.

does schedule B make sense?

also, check the instructions for what goes on each line in Schedule B

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1041.pdf 

I am looking again and I think I figured it out.  It is the dividend/interest income added to income from 1099R cash out/distribution - then for some reason, rounded off (this added over $3000 to the amount).  I didn't consider the rounding off part when I was trying to calculate this.  Due to the 401K cash out, the distribution is high.  

Turbotax calls this the amount distributed to the beneficiary and it is on the K1.  The amount entered below it on the K1 do not add up to it, though

This amount really means nothing in the end - is that correct?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies