Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do you submit the f8332 form?

1 Reply
New Member

How do you submit the f8332 form?

To add Form 8332 in TurboTax Online:

  • Sign into your Online account.
  • Click the orange button that says “Take me to my return.”
  • Go to Federal Taxes at the top
  • Then go to Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Click Start/Revisit next to Miscellaneous Tax Forms
  • Then select Start/Revisit next to Release or revocation of release of claim of exemption for a child.         
  • Next on the following page you will see the Release or Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption screen. Select the option you want and click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the form.

TurboTax will provide signing and other instructions once you finish filling out the form.

Please screenshots below for assistance.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies