Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix "Hidden Federal Transfer Wks: Taxpayer's occupation has too many characters"?

"Check this entry. Hidden Federal Transfer Wks: Taxpayer's occupation has too many characters"? when trying to complete the state taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I fix "Hidden Federal Transfer Wks: Taxpayer's occupation has too many characters"?

Go back to where you reported your occupation and shorten it. What you input doesn’t affect your tax liability. 

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

Like what Bsch4477 stated, all you need do is restate your occupation in abbreviated terms.  While I cannot find the character limit exactly, there are limits for both Federal and State.  Federal used to have a 35 character limit but I cannot determine if that is still in effect or if it was made smaller.  It is a simple correction to make and go forward:

Go to the My Info tab > select Edit and rename your occupation with less characters. Example: update occupation from "administrative assistant" to just "admin" or some such shortening.  Accountant can be shortened to Acct, Engineer to Eng, and so on.

@kwhite72820 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies