Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out about my 2020 stimulus check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

The IRS Economic Impact Payments website at this link is a good place to find out about your stimulus pa....

If you filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019, you should be "on the list".  Use the Get my Payment button at this link under the section "Filers: Get Your Payment" to check on the status of your payment.

If you received your 2018 or 2019 refund via a Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot, you should be receive an email about your stimulus payment.  If you fall into this category, you should review the following information:

•  I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 
  •  I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the Turbo card site or phone line. Everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money, your patience is appreciated.  For additional Turbo card questions, including how to receive a check, please see this Turbo Visa Debit Card site

If you didn't file a tax return in 2018 or 2019, but were required to do so under the rules, you'll need to file your tax return(s) to "get on the list".

If you were not required to file a tax return in either 2018 or 2019, use the "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here" section at this link to provide your payment information to the IRS.  Or, you can use the TurboTax Stimulus Registration product at this link.

Note that "not required" to file a tax return is not the same as "required to file but didn't".  

See the section of IRS Publication 501 at this link for the Table 1 chart with the gross income amou...

See IRS Publication 501 Table 3 for the other situations that require you to file a U.S. tax return,...

Here is a summary of stimulus payment eligibility:

• You don't need to sign up or fill out a form to receive a payment if you've been working and paying taxes since 2018.  Or, if you are on Social Security, you won't need to take any action. 
  • If you made less than $75,000 in 2019, you will be eligible for the full payment of $1,200. Couples who filed jointly and made less than $150,000 will get $2,400.
  • An individual who filed as "head of household" and earned $112,500 or less gets $1,200.  For every child in the household, you will receive an additional $500.
  • If you made more than $75,000, your payment will be reduced by $5 for every $100 of income that exceeds the limits. So if you made $80,000 in 2019, you will receive $950. The payment decreases to zero for an individual making $99,000 or more or a couple making $198,000 or more.
  • If you're a family of four, you’ll be eligible for a maximum of $3,400.
  • Dependents older than 16 at the end of 2019 and people without a Social Security number are not eligible for a stimulus payment.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Two people in my household used Turbo Tax Stimulus tool on April 5th and one used it about two weeks later. The two that used it on April 5th, ones check was sent to an address he no longer lives at and another's still doesn't show any updates. Both had direct deposit information filed with it. The one who filed two weeks after they did, got all of his just find with no issues. So after using their tool, it seems when the two filed on April 5th, the IRS didn't even use that information to process the correct Payment. Then they don't have anyone to call. It's pretty ridiculous to say the least. Extremely inconsistent and unreliable. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies