smithwessue

How do I fill out W-2s for employees without doing my own personal taxes

I need directions on how to go into the system and generate the W-2s for the people that worked for me in 2017  I did this last year
when I was doing my own personal taxes

AnthonyC

If you have already begun your return, then it will be easiest to use the following steps and you can create and file W2 / 1099 forms through TurboTax Self-Employed by following the steps below:
  • Log into your account and click on the orange button that says Take Me to My Return
  • On the homepage, you should see Create W2 and 1099 link at the bottom of the screen (see attached screenshot)
Alternatively, you may find it easier to go directly to the Quick Employer Forms site (link below) to create and file any W2 or 1099s that you require.  From this site, you will be able to create the forms, file them with the IRS, and print any copies required.

Note:  You will need to pay for the software program before you will be able to file any forms.

AnthonyC