Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lnoecker

How do I enter a Form 1120-IC-DISC?

Schedule K
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

You need to enter different lines in different places.

To enter your Schedule K Form 1120-IC-DISC in TurboTax you can follow these steps:

1. Within your tax return, use the magnifying glass icon to search 1099-DIV and click the Jump to link that appears in the results
  2. Select Okay! On the screen Time to kick off your investments! OR Yes on the screen Did you receive any dividend income? then Continue
    • If you see the screen Your investments & savings or Here's your 1099-DIV info, select Add investments or Add another 1099-DIV, then Continue
  3. Select Change how I enter my form, select 1099-DIV, then Type it in myself on the following screen
  4. Use the nameand EIN listed for the IC-DISC in the lower right box on your Schedule K to complete the payer information
  5. Enter the amount from line 5 of your Schedule K into Box 1a - Total ordinary dividends and Continue
  6. Click None of these apply and Continue
  7. Use the magnifying glass icon to search other reportable income and click the Jump to link that appears in the results
  8. Click No and Continue
  9. Scroll down to Other reportable income and click Start
  10. Click Yes
  11. On the Other Taxable Income screen, enter the name of the IC-DISC in the description and the result of line 5 minus line 3 on your Schedule K as the amount.
  12. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.

@lnoecker 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

You need to enter different lines in different places.

To enter your Schedule K Form 1120-IC-DISC in TurboTax you can follow these steps:

1. Within your tax return, use the magnifying glass icon to search 1099-DIV and click the Jump to link that appears in the results
  2. Select Okay! On the screen Time to kick off your investments! OR Yes on the screen Did you receive any dividend income? then Continue
    • If you see the screen Your investments & savings or Here's your 1099-DIV info, select Add investments or Add another 1099-DIV, then Continue
  3. Select Change how I enter my form, select 1099-DIV, then Type it in myself on the following screen
  4. Use the nameand EIN listed for the IC-DISC in the lower right box on your Schedule K to complete the payer information
  5. Enter the amount from line 5 of your Schedule K into Box 1a - Total ordinary dividends and Continue
  6. Click None of these apply and Continue
  7. Use the magnifying glass icon to search other reportable income and click the Jump to link that appears in the results
  8. Click No and Continue
  9. Scroll down to Other reportable income and click Start
  10. Click Yes
  11. On the Other Taxable Income screen, enter the name of the IC-DISC in the description and the result of line 5 minus line 3 on your Schedule K as the amount.
  12. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.

@lnoecker 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies