chelleztomokane

How do I add a schedule c 1040

LeeM

How do I add a schedule c 1040

You can add information for your self-employment (your own business) to the Schedule C for your Form 1040 by following the directions below. (Please note: you may decide to upgrade to the Home & Business edition to help you enter all of your business income and expenses)

1. Go to Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on if the option is given
  4. Scroll to the heading Business Items
  5. Select Start next to Business Income and Expenses (Sch C) 

You can walk through the interview to enter your income (including both your 1099-MISC, if any, and other income received) and the expenses related to generating that income.

I've also pasted a FAQ below on what a Schedule C is and how it relates to your business.

LeeM

How do I add a schedule c 1040

1. Go to Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income
  4. Scroll to the heading Business Items