doedane

How do how enter Misc 1099 and not file a Schedule C as I am not proprietor was a prize from manufacturer of vehicles I sale for the business I work for?

The income on my 1099-Misc is in box 3 so I should not have to fill out Schedule C

AnthonyJ

These types of payments received in the auto industry are known as a SPIFF (Special Performance Incentives for Field Force) and are typically received directly from the manufacturer.

To properly enter and report a SPIFF in TurboTax Desktop, please follow the instructions below:

• Open your return
  • In the Search box on the upper right corner, enter 1099misc
  • Select the “Jump to” link found in the search results
  • Here you will enter your 1099-MISC by following the onscreen instructions
  • On the next screen, enter SPIFF in the blank box
  • On the list found on the next screen, check “This was a Manufacturer’s Incentive Payment

Following these instructions will place your SPIFF on Line 21 of Form 1040.

AnthonyJ

• Open your return