Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lanzers0

How can i tell which 1099s ive entered? i have two businesses /professions totallying 9 1099s and i cant find each entry and their affiliated deductions

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can i tell which 1099s ive entered? i have two businesses /professions totallying 9 1099s and i cant find each entry and their affiliated deductions

When you enter the 1099s, give them names that you will recognize. If you've already entered them, you can go back and edit the names, making them something more recognizable. I like names like Acme Steve, Bobs Landscaping Laura, Paraclete DMin, where the first part shows who it's from and the second part indicates which person or business it is being received by.

FYI ... you are NOT required to enter the 1099-misc forms in the income section at all ... these are for your use only ... all the IRS wants is the total.   SO  if you kept good records you can skip the 1099 entry section and simply make one entry in the general income section and be done with that entire section ...

general income Sch C 3.PNG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies