turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I identify an expense in TTax Business that is not in QB? Business 1120S s/w reports more expenses than in QB. Cannot reconcile Income report Balance Sheet sect.

QB reports $179 less for total expenses than the same data imported into TTax Business. I cannot escape the Reconciliations & Balance Sheet interview!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

How can I identify an expense in TTax Business that is not in QB? Business 1120S s/w reports more expenses than in QB. Cannot reconcile Income report Balance Sheet sect.

Have you tried entering Forms Mode and reviewing your Other Deductions Worksheet?

You can also review expenses listed on page 1 of your 1120-S.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

As tagteam has said, you need to review the imported data for accuracy and completeness before you attempt to enter the balance sheet. This the first step after importing from QuickBooks. It's possible you have an account mapping issue between the two applications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am preparing to do a compare in the FORMS mode. 

What CONFUSES me is that the QB IMPORT reports MORE expenses into TTAX than I can find in the QB P&L. How might that import CREATE/Duplicate the QB amounts? Or how would TTAX find more expenses than I can enter into QB?

Thank you for your efforts to assist me.

As PatriciaV indicated, it could very well be a mapping issue.

I am aware of mapping issues and ran some checks already. 

The CONFUSION i mentioned is how TTax has a deduction total LARGER than the QB amount. What mechanism can create a deduction amount for TTAx ABOVE the validated total in QB. 

Really ready to put in the work - just not sure what i am searching for in that exercise. I have used TTAX for years and never had it tell me the deductions were more than my QB total.

It could be that the same data is being imported into two different areas of the program.

Been through the FORM and all matches QB numbers. 

Will force some bogus imports and look for specific errors - none found on the FORM compare just in the totals and Reconciliation summary.

Final resolution of the differences between TTax and QB. After a forensic effort to compare entries failed, I created a NEW TTax file and once I imported the QB records I was able to get the INCOME difference to $2 that is 2 USD. I will noodle some more to reach zero difference. But honestly this is becoming tedious and probably not worth the effort. But I am not sure how I will get the software to accept the return with a difference.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies