turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi! I have a small LLC- 2 partners. We have no earnings. Can I create a k-1 through you guys?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Hi! I have a small LLC- 2 partners. We have no earnings. Can I create a k-1 through you guys?

For a multi-member LLC you can't use any online version of TurboTax. Instead you have to use TurboTax Business to create/file the 1065 partnership return. That software will also generate K-1's, 1099-MISC's and W-2's if needed. TurboTax Business (different from Home & Business) is not available as an online product or for MACs. It's for the Windows platform only. You can purchase TurboTax Business 2016 at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

When you purchase it, make sure you've selected both the CD to be mailed to you, and the download option so that you can download the CD installation file and install it without having to wait for the CD to arrive in the mail.

You may also find it cheaper as a download only at other licensed websites such as Amazon, and you might also be able to purchase the CD cheaper at a local retail store in your area if they still have it in stock.

Carl
Level 15

Note also that you can not use TurboTax Business to file a personal return of any type. It can only be used to create and file returns for a non-living non-breating taxable entity such as multi-member LLCs, corporations, estates and trust.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies