turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help with 1120 S, 1099 DIV, Form 7203 Stock Block

This is my first year with an S corp Election and I have hit a few road blocks!

1. On my 1120 S I have put the, 01/16/2023 in Section A, "S election effective date" as that is the date on my letter from the IRS stating when I will be treated as an S corp. Do I need to put the date as 01/01/2023 or keep it as the date from my letter? Turbo tax is telling me to check this entry.

2. Do I need to issue a form 1099 DIV? Turbo Tax says I might need to...it sure would help if they told me yes or no! I paid myself a salary w2 and paid all necessary taxes throughout the year. All remaining income is being reported on my K1 as ordinary business income. I have read that this would be considered a non-dividend distribution and therefore doesn't need a 1099 DIV but I want to make sure I am correct in this thought. 

There is a question further in that asks for total Dividend Distributions made to Shareholders from accumulated earnings and profits account, and I am currently putting a 0.

3.  On form 7203  Section C asks for a Stock Block. This section requires an answer. Do I need to put anything in this section if I am the only shareholder and own 100% of the company?

-If so, should I put 1 block and then use that every year?

-Do I need to check the Original shareholder box as well?

4. The company does not own anything and at the end of the year I am claiming all of the income on my personal taxes and moving the money out of the company account. Wouldn't that mean my end-of-the-year assets are considered to be 0?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies