Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

form 1099-NEC

I had some income reported on a form 1099-NEC for contract work.  I did not own or rent an office for this work.  Turbo Tax filled box 27b of Schedule C with 0 for energy efficient commercial buildings deduction.  Upon final review, this is flagged as “Check this Entry” with a note to fill out form 7205 to claim energy efficient commercial buildings deductions.  There is no commercial building involved in this contract work.  

Additionally, Turbo Tax Deluxe does not have form 7205, so I cannot remove it from the list of forms to be filed.  I looked at form 7205 on the IRS website.  Every box to be filled in assumes I own or use a commercial building, so I cannot fill it out. 

Despite this “error” that shows up when I try to perform the final tax filing, can I file the Federal and State taxes, and will the Federal and State agencies accept these returns without a form 7205?

Thanks for the help!

Bob

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

form 1099-NEC

Return to your Schedule C Business Expenses and delete the zero from the Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings deduction line. This should resolve the error message. Form 7205 should not be included in your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies