Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

final k-1 report and 1099B

I received 1099B (from Robinhood) and K-1 and I am not sure if I should report K-1, or it will be double-reporting.

Somehow 1099B shows that my loss is 198.02 and K-1 says it was 6$.

I am a little confused and don't know what to do.

Also, if I need to report K-1, there are questions about partnership. I bought 450 shares in 2021 and sold 450 shares in 2021 (and didn't own any shares before 2021), on my K-1 form there is a check for "Final K-1".

Should I say that "This partnership ended in 2021" or "Disposed of a portion of my interest in partnership during 2021"? And what should I check for "the way of disposal" ("no entry"/"complete disposition")?

Sorry, if this question was already discussed, I tried to find some info but it confuses me (it's the first time I apply (try to apply) by myself).

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.11.40 AM.pngIMG_3309.jpg

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Since this fund is treated as a partnership for tax purposes, an investor's allocated portion of any income, gains, losses and deductions is reported on a Schedule K-1.  Thus, you need to enter your K-1 into TurboTax.  The K-1 and your 1099-B should be consistent, at least with respect to any gains or losses.  What is in Box 8 or 9 of your K-1?  Box 8 and 9 contain short-term and long-term gains or losses.  

If you are using TurboTax online, from the Income & Expense screen, scroll down to S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts.  Then select Schedule K-1 and enter your information.  

@nata2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!

8 and 9 boxes are 0

0FE42C79-1AF5-4167-BCB5-C5ACEED57EC3.jpeg

I found how to put the information about k-1 and now I’m in process, but I’m not sure if I answer the questions right during the TT interview 

so, what I choose is: 

1)describe the partnership - the partnership ended in 2021 (I bought 450 shares and sold 450 shares in 2021, didn’t own any before)

2)choose how disposed - I choose “complete disposition” but not sure if this is the right one

3)type of disposition- sold partnership interest?

4) I am not sure where to look for the information for this question, could you please help me?

5F61C6D9-4C4D-4E93-8BAF-F0ED09F2A8F2.jpeg

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Thank you for that additional information.  Regarding your questions 1 and 2, that appears correct.  For your question 3, your basis in the partnership was the $6,270 and the sales price was the $6,264.  You have no gains and therefore, you can leave the other boxes blank. 

To follow-up on the prior post, it appears you have two items to report, namely your Schedule K-1 which identifies your capital account and loss as a limited partner, and the losses reported to you on your 1099-B.  The 1099-B reflects a wash sale adjustment of $14.52 so you can report that adjustment when you enter the transaction information into TurboTax.  

@nata2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm sorry, do you mean that I can leave the blanks for the question 4), not 3)?

So for my 3) I choose - sold partnership interest

What type of disposition was this?

Sold Partnership Interest
Abandoned Partnership Interest
Liquidated Partnership Interest
Owner Died and Interest was Transferred

And for the "Enter sale information" I just need to enter 6264 in "Sale price" and push "continue", is it correct?

Thank you so much for your time!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies