turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Final ck wanted 2 fix “errors” in downloaded 1099s 2023 TT deluxe Mac download

So it flagged 2 separate “errors” that it wanted me to fix. These are from downloaded forms. So how am I supposed to know something different?

We’ll see below. It populated data in the wrong boxes & won’t let me correct it now that I have the correct info. 

I am so frustrated I could scream. After previously finding TT Deluxe 2023 for Mac could not import my last years H&R Block return (only used that because Mac was too old to run TT). 

So entering all the data to beat the filing deadline I was ready to e-file fed return. 

it flagged 2 errors it wanted me to fix. 

These were on the downloaded 1099s. 

1st for 1099R it said street address is required. It only showed PO Box. Really? So how am I supposed to fix that if not in the form?

& then for 1099 Div it said 1 field was supposed to be less than the other. This is from the downloaded 1099!

how am I supposed to know?

well now I downloaded PDF & also pulled up TT version of it. TT put 0 in box 12, & then put what was supposed to be in 12 in 13. 

But TT is being dumb. It assumes box 13 was wrong instead of realizing both could be wrong. So it let me correct box 13 but won’t let me correct box 12. So still showing zero so still showing an error. Urgh!!! So it is showing wrong info & won’t let me correct it. So don’t know what to do. I put a note in. But the #s where it counts are wrong. Not sure the implications of that. But need some answers so I can go ahead & file. 

so I sort of fixed 1 & then skipped checking & went to try to e-file but by then it was 12:01 & got message saying e-file has closed I will have to mail it. So now it WILL be late & I’ll get hit w penalties. 

& last year H&R Block kept giving me an error message for calculated code in Sched C. I thought they were bad. & TT much better & now TT is messed up. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Final ck wanted 2 fix “errors” in downloaded 1099s 2023 TT deluxe Mac download

Ok more info. I was madly trying to download & read the forms which were landscape so hard to read. But I see the PDF of the 1099 Div has a # that IS bigger than the other field just like it says. 
& looking at the TT version of the 1099 it put the Box 12 as 0, & the amt that should have been in box 12 it put in box 13. So it downloaded the info wrong. 

So, if it wasn’t for all the other issues delaying. & I do have ADHD which contributed to it being last min. I might have been able to fill it in. 

but I see other people reporting TT having trouble properly importing data from financial institutions. 

As far as it blocking me going ahead to file because it has a PO Box instead of street address? But really? & then as I had entered something it was asking city & zip which were on the PDF form. 

their flagging these as errors kept me from being able to make the filing deadline. & also that is REALLY lame cutting off e-file right at midnight. So in addition I will have to print it & mail it probably certified now. & will have penalties. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies