Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing taxes for nonactive partnership llc

Hi, do my partner and I need to file a tax return if we started a partnership LLC (50/50 ownership) but never had any transactions? We had no income and had no expenses we want to claim and are not proceeding with the business. I have seen that we still need to file a 1065 Form and K-1, is this the case? Also, do we need to do anything to close the business tax wise?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I also want to add that this is for the state of Kansas if that makes a difference.

you could have saved yourself a little trouble by reading the instructions to form 1065

Who Must File
Domestic Partnerships
Except as provided below, every domestic partnership must file Form 1065, unless it neither receives income nor incurs any expenditures treated as deductions or credits for federal income tax purposes. Entities formed as LLCs that are classified as partnerships for federal income tax purposes have the same filing requirements as domestic partnerships

so there is no 1065 for you to file.

dissolving an LLC is a state matter and that varies from state to state. in some cases states charge an annual fee. Failure to pay those fees for X consecutive years results in automatic dissolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies