Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing my deceased mother's taxes. She had a trust & I opened an account for the trust after she passed. Do I deposit her refund in the trust acct or her personal acct?

She had a personal checking account with a small balance in it. I am not a signer on this account and at some point I need to get the funds out of that account but does it matter if I have the refund deposited in the trust account I opened or do I need to put it into her personal checking account?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Filing my deceased mother's taxes. She had a trust & I opened an account for the trust after she passed. Do I deposit her refund in the trust acct or her personal acct?

Do not put money in your deceased mother's personal account. You can put the money in your own personal account or the trust account, whichever you choose.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Do not put money in your deceased mother's personal account. You can put the money in your own personal account or the trust account, whichever you choose.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies