Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lehmanbr

Federal filing transmission error due to K-1 - need help

Hi - when I try to submit my completed federal taxes, i get error messages that prevent electronic transmission related to QBI stating that certain entries need populating (Box 20 for K-1), even though I don't have any entries for those.

When I try to populate the entries with a number $0, I still cannot submit my taxes because the system doesn't allow me to file with identified "errors" that actually don't exist.

Is this a glitch in the system?  Could really use some help - thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Federal filing transmission error due to K-1 - need help

If you entered a Schedule K-1 for your return, return to that topic and confirm that Box 20 is NOT checked and that you have no entries for the QBI questions.

The easiest way to find this section of TurboTax is to open your return and use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Click on the magnifying glass, type in "k-1", hit Enter, and click the "jump to" link to go directly to beginning of that topic.

If you have no K-1 entries on your return, try updating TurboTax Desktop (if applicable) or following these instructions for TurboTax Online. Then run Smart Check under Federal Review again.

Log out of TurboTax Online, refresh your browser, and clear your cookies and cache. Then restart your browser and log into TurboTax again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies