turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EBay seller collecting Social Security & Retirement - What version of TurboTax should I use?

I am an EBay seller and both my wife and I are collecting Social Security & Retirement income - What version of TurboTax should I use?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

EBay seller collecting Social Security & Retirement - What version of TurboTax should I use?

If you use TurboTax Online you have to use the Self-Employed edition to report your eBay business. If you use the CD/Download TurboTax software you can use any edition, but Home & Business will give you a more detailed interview, and more guidance and help, for your eBay business. Any version of TurboTax will handle Social Security and retirement income.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you use TurboTax Online you have to use the Self-Employed edition to report your eBay business. If you use the CD/Download TurboTax software you can use any edition, but Home & Business will give you a more detailed interview, and more guidance and help, for your eBay business. Any version of TurboTax will handle Social Security and retirement income.

Thank you

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If your eBay business has income to report and expenses to deduct, you may use  TurboTax Self-Employed to file a Schedule C or C-EZ.

If you only have income and no business expenses to deduct, you may use TurboTax Deluxe or  TurboTax Premier to file a Schedule C or C-EZ.

Please review our help article, Which TurboTax Online version do I need for a Schedule C?, which will help you pick the correct version of TurboTax that you will need for your eBay business. 

Any of the TurboTax programs mentioned in the Help Article above will also allow you to report your social security and retirement incomes.

[Edited 01/14/2020 | 4:54 PM PST ]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies