Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ebay/Poshmark and taxes/deductions

I sell on poshmark and ebay, most of the items are for profit. I don't make a ton, maybe $3,000 or so a year if I am lucky. It seems I will be considered a "self employed" from IRS standards and have to pay self-employment tax. Can I deduct my ebay fees, shipping costs, and price I paid for the item on my taxes? I've seen people say you can only deduct certain things if you have a business license or LLC. Do I need to get either of those in order to deduct the above or am I still able to deduct those expenses without having to do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Ebay/Poshmark and taxes/deductions

Yes, as a self-employed entrepreneur, you may deduct all business expenses related to your eBay/Poshmark sales. This business activity would be reported on Schedule C of your tax return. Any profit would be subject to self-employment taxes. You do not need to create an LLC in order to file as a self-employed business. Your State would determine if you need a business license to operate online.

Inventory, business assets, income, and expenses are reported in the Business section of TurboTax Self-Employed Online. To find this section, search on "schedule c" to jump to the start of that topic.

Additional Info:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies