Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to report beneficiaries on form 1041 and send K-1's if there were no distributions this year?

I filed 2023 form 1041 for my mother's trust. There were no distributions to beneficiaries. And two beneficiaries refused to provide their SSN's. So I did not list beneficiaries or send k-1's.

Do I need to amend the trust to identify the beneficiaries and provide affidavits for the two refusals even though there were no distributions? Or is the filed form 1041 proper without identifying the beneficiaries?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
M-MTax
Level 11

Do I need to report beneficiaries on form 1041 and send K-1's if there were no distributions this year?

You don't need to generate K-1s if there were no distributions and nothing thereon to report to the benes.

No distributions no k-1's. in future years if you do make distributions you may want to write down the info from this link as to what to do if they still refuse.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/k-1-in-trust-beneficiary-won-t-give-social-securi... 

Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies