Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

advele

Do I have to report Amazon Vine products on my S-corp tax return?

I am part of the Amazon Vine program and receive free products that I must review in return.
My Amazon account and Vine program are under my New York S-corp business EIN.
I did not receive a 1099 from Amazon, which I checked via chat as to why and I get the following response:

We did not issue you a year-end tax form (1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1042-S) because of one of these reasons:

If you are a US person:
1. If you federal classification type is an S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC taxed as S-Corp, LLC taxed as an S Corp, LLC taxed as a C Corp or other tax-exempt organization, Amazon does not issue a 1099-MISC/1099-NEC form
2. If Amazon payes you for equipment, supplies or other tangile goods such as inventory, you are not subject to IRS Form 1099-MISC/1099NEC reporting

Do I need to report the fair market value (Approx. $15,000.00) of the items I received if I do not receive a 1099?

If so, where should I report it on my 2022 S-corp tax return?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Do I have to report Amazon Vine products on my S-corp tax return?

Amazon did not send you a form 1099 because of reason number one in your question.

Since you are providing a service for Amazon, and are being "compensated" via non-cash items, you still need to report the value of these items as income and pay tax.

If this service is just part of your everyday business, then report it on line 1a.

Alternatively, since the facts are limited, you could report this on line 5.

Regardless of where it gets reported, the key is that you do need to report this value.  Amazon should be providing you with what they call ETV (estimated tax value).  You should be able to get this information from your account.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies