turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TallPines

crypto entries

I started manually entering values for crypto sales.  I didn't have exact figures for a particular sale so I entered a value as a "place holder".  Now I can't figure out a way to edit the values.  When I click on "bulk edit" it an appears the only thing I can edit is what the item is.  I tried going to the actual form and overriding, but that didn't seem to work.  I can't figure out how to delete the entry and start over.  I'm a little surprised this seems so difficult to "fix".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

crypto entries

In TurboTax Desktop,  at the screen Your investment sales summary, you are able to edit or delete entries by selecting the icons on the right.

There are reports that some must move the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to view the icons.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TallPines

crypto entries

Therein lies the rub.  I called Intuit and spoke to a representative.  I allowed her to screen share and she couldn't "fix" it either.  I was on my MacBook.  I told her I was willing to download the software onto my desktop and give it a try.  And Voila!  There is a "slide bar" (I don't know the proper term) at the bottom of the page.  I was then able to "slide" the page over and edit my entries.

I thought how could we both have missed it?  So, I went back to the MacBook as I had left the page open.  No matter where I dragged the cursor, there was no "slider bar". Nowhere.  I dragged and clicked in all different places on he page and nothing.  

Which leads to another mildly irritating thing with the desktop version on a MacBook, Navigating down the page is a pain.  Normally when one is on a page using the down or up arrows will move the page.  Not on TurboTax.  And the only way to get the slider bar to appear on the right side of the page is by "dragging' the screen to make it wider or larger.  I've used TT for years and this year has been nothing short of frustrating.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies