turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Completing Schedule C when working for DoorDash when making less than 600.00 and not receiving a 1099-NEC

I worked for DoorDash in 2022 and made less than 600.00 and did not receive a 1099-NEC. There are a couple of questions on Schedule C that I am not sure how to answer. I am using Turbotax Deluxe for Windows for tax year 2022.

If this business was operated by taxpayer check this box? (Do I check this box)?  I am single and was the only person doing the deliveries for DoorDash as it relates to my taxes.

Check this box if you used your own name as the business name?  I am not incorporated or have any partnerships)

Do I enter DoorDash's Employer Identification Number. I don;t have an EIN. I just have a social security number which is at the top of Schedule C.  

Check this box if you used your own address as the business address. Do they want my address or DoorDash address?  If I use my address, I also moved at the end of 2022 so when I did DoorDash in 2022, I lived in another address.  What address do I enter on the form (the address I lived at when I worked for DoorDash, or my current address that I am using since I moved, or DoorDash's address?

If I don't put any of Doordash's identifying information and am not submitting a 1099-NEC becuase I amde less than $600 and did not receive a 1099-NEC, how will the IRS match my Doordash income with the income supplied by Doordash?

Lastly, an unrelated question, is there a place in Turbotax that I indicate that the address I am using for my 2022 taxes is different than the address that I used for my 2021 address?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Completing Schedule C when working for DoorDash when making less than 600.00 and not receiving a 1099-NEC

Yes, check the boxes to indicate you are the business owner and don't have a business name.

You will not enter Door Dash's EIN for your business.

Use your own address as the business address unless you operate from another location such as a rented office. Use your current address.

The IRS information return matching program won't be able to match your Door Dash income if the company didn't issue a Form 1099 or other information return, but it is still taxable and you are required to report it on your return.

When you begin your return, TurboTax asks a series of questions in the Personal Info section to cover the situations you mention such as a change of address.

In order to report a Schedule C with income and expenses, you may wish to upgrade to the Self-Employed online product or the Home and Business desktop product if Deluxe doesn't provide all of the entry fields you need. See here for more information about online products and here for more information about desktop products.

Click here for more information about reporting self-employment income and deductions using TurboTax.

To add information about a change of address, using TurboTax Desktop:

1. Return to the Personal Info tab
  2. Click Continue
  3. Click Edit next to the first item in the list that starts with your name if you need to change the State of Residence previously entered or to change your answer as to whether you lived in another state in 2022.
  4. Click Edit next to Mailing Address & Phone Number if you need to edit the information previously entered.

@Martinmayer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

you wrote When you begin your return, TurboTax asks a series of questions in the Personal Info section to cover the situations you mention such as a change of address. I went through. the step by step questions and did not see anything with indicating change of address indication. I also went through the wks on the view forms and did not see anything that I can indicate that this is a new address since filing my 2021 tax return. 

Is there something I am missing? 

SharonD007
Expert Alumni

Here are the steps to edit your address in TurboTax Desktop:

1. Launch TurboTax Desktop
  2. Select Continue Your 2022 Tax Return
  3. Select the tab at the top for Personal Info and hit Continue
  4. Scroll down to Mailing address and select Edit - Enter your new address here and select Continue.

[Edit 01/30/23| 12:50 PM] 

@Martinmayer 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies