Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

XEN0
Level 2

Clean Vehicle Credit on TurboTax Business 2023

TurboTax Business Desktop 2023 doesn't seem to have any questions related to Clean Vehicle Credit if an electric car is purchased by the S-Corp? I thought S-Corps need to file the Form 8936 to claim the 7.5K credit, is that correct?

And does the income threshold of 150K also apply to the S-Corp or its shareholders, even if it's a 100% business vehicle?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The last I checked, you are correct that the S-corporation program does not have the required form.  You might need to use different software or go to a tax professional.

The credit is passed to the shareholders via the K-1.  It is on their personal tax return (Form 1040) where the AGI limit is applied to see if they qualify for the credit or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The last I checked, you are correct that the S-corporation program does not have the required form.  You might need to use different software or go to a tax professional.

The credit is passed to the shareholders via the K-1.  It is on their personal tax return (Form 1040) where the AGI limit is applied to see if they qualify for the credit or not.

XEN0
Level 2

If the credit is passed to the shareholders personal Form 1040 via the K-1, then would the North America Final Assembly Requirements also apply in addition to the AGI Income Limit, even though it's a commercial vehicle purchased by the S-Corp?

Now you seem to be asking about the "Qualified Commercial Clean Vehicle Credit" on Form 8936-A, which is slightly different than the Clean Vehicle Credit on Form 8936.

I'm not sure if that is in the 1120-S program or not.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies