Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DPLosson
Returning Member

Can't E-file a 1065 get erroneous error PR (Partnershp Rep)

Get a recurring error when I review Federal 1065 return prior to transmitting the return via E-file.

It prompts me to put in Address information and the name of a PR designated indiv....(if the PR is an entity._

The PR is a partner and is designated that way on the K1 worksheet.  It should not be prompting me to fill in the PR Entity information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem.  Apparently, this bug has existed since 2020 but the work-around given for previous years no longer works as the program gives me an error when I click the Partnership Representative Box on the information worksheet.  That step just adds another error to the address errors.  

I used these steps to clear the error for the designated partnership representative in the Token 618520 tax return:

1. Open the tax return in TurboTax Business;
  2. Go to Forms mode (icon top right in blue bar);
  3. Find the “Information Wks” in the left column (should be first form listed);
  4. Scroll down to Part V and check the box for Partnership Representative (PR);
  5. Find the “Form 1065 p1-3 (Not Done)" form in the left column (3rd form listed);
  6. Scroll to the very bottom and find the Designation of Partnership Representative section;
  7. Enter the address only in the fields shaded red just under your name.

After that, no errors reported for this issue in the tax return I opened.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies