jable408

Can I be considered an employee of the company if I worked on their time schedule if I wear their company uniform provided by them?

I had worked for a company during the years of 2017 & 2018. I was working the hours they chose which was basically a regular 9-to-5. I was providedHey  uniform from them and also tools, a designated workspace.  We had HR people who work in the office who would answer questions that we had.  And also had people in the office 

who we had to report to  for the certain jobs assigned to each person. 

Wouldn’t that be considered an employee of a company? Because if it is considered to be an employee I was reported combined tax statement for form 1099 during those years.

Vanessa

Yes, that does sound like an employee.  If you want to dispute the 1099 vs W2 you can file form SS8 and the IRS will check into it.

Vanessa