Solved: Can a single member llc issue a 1099-nec to their ...

Can a single member llc issue a 1099-nec to their spouse?

I have a single member LLC. My wife and I are both in the same profession. (Real Estate Brokers) Here license is under mine. In general real estate brokers/agents are treaed as subcontractors. For tax purposes, am I correct that I can treat her as any other agent (independent contractor) and issue her a 1099-NEC? We both have filed separate Sch-C's for well over 10 years.

Although there are different courses of action available, it is generally acceptable (given the facts you provided) to treat your spouse as an independent contractor and issue your spouse a 1099-NEC.