Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California 541-K1

I am in the process of settling my late husband’s estate. It is a North Carolina estate with California beneficiaries. I am using Turbo tax business program with the California fiduciary extension. I have entered all the data in the 1041. When I look at the California 541-K1, Line 2, column B (income- dividends) shows the correct amount as reported on the 1041 form.  Column C (California adjustment) totally subtracts out the amount in Column B.  I have read both the instructions for 541-K1 and the FTB 1001 (supplement to California adjustments) and can not find anything indicating  that all dividends should be adjusted out. This 541-K1 is for a California beneficiary.  As a test, I tried adjusting the qualified dividends and that did not make any difference. All dividends are adjusted out.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

California 541-K1

Issue resolved.

Apparently I had to flip to forms mode and include capital gains on the 541distribution form. The 1041 K1 and the California 541 K1 now have the same amounts of reportable income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

California 541-K1

Issue resolved.

Apparently I had to flip to forms mode and include capital gains on the 541distribution form. The 1041 K1 and the California 541 K1 now have the same amounts of reportable income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies