Yes, you can still
claim business related expense, even though you had no profit, which is common in the first couple years.You can also claim income without the need of a typical reporting form. You can add up all of your income from sales/services and enter it once.
Since you didn't receive a 1099-MISC, you can report other income simply by following the instructions below:
1. Sign into you TurboTax account.
2. Click Pick up where I left off (if not already open)
3. Click Federal Taxes tab
4. Click Wages & Income sub category.
5. Select I'll choose what I work on option.
6. Scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C (under less common income) and click Start/Update.
7. Click Start/Update next to Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 and follow the online screen prompts to enter your income.
If you need to get back later to report expenses:
TurboTax will guide you step by step through the process.
· Type in "business expenses" in the search box in the right hand corner of your screen
· Click jump to business expenses.
TurboTax will ask you for expenses in various categories.
Note: Based on your expenses, you may have to upgrade to a higher version of TurboTax.