Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

All i have for proof of selfemployment are the signed and dated bid sheets i used. I dont have a business license or a tax number. How do i file my selfemployment taxes

I need to file my taxes for my selfemployment and last yesrs stimulus check as well as the 2nd round of stimulus and my SSDI payments. What do i need to do all this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

All i have for proof of selfemployment are the signed and dated bid sheets i used. I dont have a business license or a tax number. How do i file my selfemployment taxes

You will file a schedule C. You don't need a business license or a tax number. The program will calculate the self employment tax for you and add it to your return. When you are done entering your information, the federal review will ask about stimulus payments. Any missing amounts will be calculated and added to your refund or reduce your tax liability.

You will need your business income and expenses. The program will walk you through. You will also want to visit the personal section on Tax relief related to COVID 19. You may qualify for additional credits there since you are self employed.

Helpful links:

Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center - complete guide

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As an aside, there may be a (non-tax) issue if you had substantial income from self-employment at the same time as collecting SSDI, since the latter means means you are disabled and unable to work.  But see this:

KA-01837 · Customer Self-Service (ssa.gov)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies