Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DizzyLuc

Accessing Quick Employer Forms - Online Version Tax Year 2022 - Problem solved!

This was such a nightmare and TurboTax needs to fix this.

FYI I'm on an MacBook, not sure if that was the culprit here.

I usually create 1099's for my independent contractors through Quick Employer Forms. I can usually sign out and sign back into Quick Employer Forms to go back and E-File when I'm ready. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but I always tend to get back in.

This year (2023), I filed my taxes and then tried to go back to Quick Employer Forms to E-File my 1099's. However, it went to a new member page asking for me to buy a home copy of Turbo Tax Business, even though I was logged in.

I couldn't figure out how to access my saved 1099's, and Turbo Tax customer support chat/phone support were no help (of course it was 2 days before Tax Day so I understood).

I tried following the directions of users here saying to go to "Tax Home" and scrolling down to "Your Account", but there was nothing that said "Your Account." Plus I had already filed, so there was nowhere to edit or change my tax forms.

So what I did was, on my Tax Home page, I clicked on "Add State" (my state doesn't require me to file so I had this option available). It took me back to edit mode where I could make changes to my tax forms, which was a relief because that's where I go to access Quick Employer Forms sometimes.

Well, after that, the page was still prompting me to buy a home copy of TurboTax. So I went to "Wages & Income" and clicked on "Edit/Add" next to Self Employment Income and Expenses. I added a mock business, and it led me to create 1099's and W2's selection, which led me to Quick Employer Forms, and I was logged in and able to see the 1099's I had already created. I was able to E-File quickly.

Phew! Turbo Tax needs to fix that so it's not so difficult.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies