Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter my single member llc information into the Turbo Tax Self Employed online version? Follow up to that, how do I file a final business tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieCo

How do I enter my single member llc information into the Turbo Tax Self Employed online version? Follow up to that, how do I file a final business tax return?

A single member LLC is not required to file a separate business tax return as all your income and expenses will be reflected on your personal return on Schedule C.  

In TurboTax Self Employed, you can enter "self-employment income" in the search field at the top right of the screen.  Then select "Jump to self-employment income" and you will be brought to the section of the program to enter your single member LLC income and expenses.

Within the general information section related to your self-employment income, you can specify if the business stopped during 2017.  

What if the type of income received is partnership distributions on a K-1? Is this still considered "self employment income" of the business

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The distributions are not self-employment income, but any amounts in Box 14-A are considered Self-Employment.    @Gdwilliams

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies