Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hanko1
Returning Member

2019 Business TurboTax

I get two repeating errors when filling out Asset Entry Worksheets.  I disposed of a business on 02/01/2019, and each worksheet (about 10) gives "Date of Disposition is an Unacceptable Value."  I enter the date in the program and form and still get the error.  

The second error is "Prior Depr, Reg Tax (or AMT) is too large.  The program correctly pulled non 179 and non-special depreciation from 2018.  I checked each entry manually.  

Any ideas on either?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

2019 Business TurboTax

For the first question, you need to make sure you are in the correct program for the year you are working on. In other words, if you are working on a 2019 return, make sure you are using the 2019 TurboTax program.

I don't know if you are doing a business or personal return. If it is a business return and you entered a fiscal year, make sure the disposition date is within that year.

Also, make sure you did not enter a start date for the asset that is after the disposition date.

For the depreciation issue, look at the type of asset entered and the depreciation period and see if the prior depreciation amount is in line with the asset class and depreciation period selected. Compare the entries in the asset entry worksheet to the same in the prior year to make sure they are the same.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies