Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-PATR for fishing cooperatives

I am a member of a commercial fishing cooperative (processes & markets fish caught by fishermen members) & received a 1099-PATR, including Box 1 Patronage Dividends & Box 6 Section 199A(g) deduction. When I try to enter this in TurboTax, it wants me to describe my farm & generates forms for farms. I do not have a farm. This is a cooperative, but it is a cooperative of commercial fishermen. How/where do I enter this correctly? I think it might need to end up on a Form 8995-A, but I'm not sure of that (or how to get it there).

I tried this answer (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-form-1099-patr/00/26767) but it didn't seem to fit, since I did receive patronage dividends from a co-op, it was just not a farming co-op.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This can be entered into your business schedule, as other income and this will be included with the Form 8995, Qualified Business Income deduction.  Keep the Form 1099-PATR with your business records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! I understand how to enter the 1099-PATR Box 1 (Patronage dividends) & the Box 3 (Per-unit retain allocations) as other income on Schedule C, but I'm still stuck on where to put the Box 6 Section 199A(g) deduction (formerly known as DPAD) without triggering questions about farms. I don't see a place for it on Form 8995. There is a spot for it on line 6 (patron reduction) of Schedule D of Form 8995-A (Special Rules for Patrons of Agricultural or Horticultural Cooperatives), but I'm not clear that a commercial fishing cooperative qualifies as an Agricultural or Horticultural Cooperative. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies