turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marshall Jones
Returning Member

1099-misc question

My wife has a business where one source of income is a small shop space that she rents in a "co-op" crafting place.  She made about $800 for 2019, which evidently is enough for the owner of the co-op to generate a 1099-misc, as the co-op handles all of the sales and cuts my wife a check every month for her part of the sales. 

So, I track sales for her business in Quickbooks, but now I have to figure out what to do with the 1099 so that I don't double-count income.  Do I remove the sales figures in quickbooks and rely on the 1099 (kinda messes up my flow for sales tracking), or is there a way to tell Turbotax that you track your 1099 income in Quickbooks?

Thanks in advance!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

1099-misc question

Because you tracked your wife's income in QuickBooks, when you use that business income for TurboTax you don't need to make a separate entry anywhere for the 1099-MISC she received.  The income is already included in your QuickBooks accounting for her business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jtax
Level 10

1099-misc question

You don't want to double count and you need not separately report the amounts received from 1099-MISCs that you receive IF you file a 1040 Schedule C-EZ.

If you file a Schedule C you must report the amount received from 1099-MISC forms on line 1b. On line 1a you report the amounts not received on 1099-MISCs. If you need to file that I would simply do the subtraction. I.e. your line 1a would be your QB gross income - the 1099-MISC amount, your line 1b would be the 1099-MISC amount.

TT will ask you about this during the interview you so you don't need to worry about the line numbers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies