Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jrivera1

1065 E-file Error that system will not allow to be corrected

I am trying to E-file my 1065 return and it is asking me to populate informtion if the partnership representative (R) is an Entity.  I am the PR, so no information is required in this section.  The information in this section is blank,  yet the system will not accept the blank fields and will not allow the return to be E-filed due to these fields.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

1065 E-file Error that system will not allow to be corrected

According to the On-Demand Guidance within TurboTax Business for the Designation of Partner Representative (right click on PR Name at the bottom of Form 1065 p1-3) --

To designate a partnership representative, either complete Part V of the Partnership Information Worksheet and check the Partnership Representative (PR) box OR check the "PR" (Partnership Representative) box for a partner on the Schedule K-1 Worksheet.

To review/correct this info, open Forms Mode and confirm that the two forms mentioned above (Partnership Information Worksheet and Schedule K-1 Worksheet) contain the correct information. 

The PR checkbox on Schedule K-1 Worksheet is in the right-hand column under the Profit/Loss percentages as "Check applicable boxes:"

On the Information Worksheet, Part V, confirm that there is no SSN under the Member's information. Both the LLC Member and PR boxes must be checked.

Do not return to the Step-by-Step section for Partner/Member Information in case this action is resetting your entries. Save your return. Close, reopen, and run Federal Review again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies