When checking for updates in TurboTax, you may receive the error message Failed to download Error 40. The Further details section in the error window will contain another message, like:
- The operation timed out
- A connection with the server could not be established
- The server didn't return the file size. The URL might point to dynamic...
- The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response
- The server name or address couldn't be resolved
- The connection with the server was terminated abnormally
- There are currently no active network connections...
- An internal error occurred in the Microsoft Windows HTTP Services
The message may also contain a very long web address similar to this shortened example: http://download.esd.intuit.com/ESD/Files/CTG/comp/...msp
Error 40 is a generic download error that has several potential causes, including, but not limited to:
- A slow internet connection (like dial-up)
- Interference from a firewall or web accelerator program
- A malfunctioning Windows component Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- If you receive Error 40 while updating through TurboTax, download and install a manual update instead.
- Disable your web accelerator program if you have one. Web accelerators (also called dial-up or download accelerators) are programs that speed up the downloading of large files and are mostly used by dial-up customers.
- Configure your firewall to work with TurboTax or temporarily disable your firewall software before downloading your update or state program. Remember to turn your firewall back on when you're finished.