turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leshofer

You would think it would be simple to amend a filed 2023 federal tax return with TurboTax but I can't seem to figure how to do in Deluxe software? Got a 1099 K from eBay

The 1099 K was at a personal loss so it is just an in and out.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

You would think it would be simple to amend a filed 2023 federal tax return with TurboTax but I can't seem to figure how to do in Deluxe software? Got a 1099 K from eBay

Yes, you will need to amend to report this Form 1099-K on your return.

The first step is wait for your original return to be fully processed. That means waiting until you get your refund, or at least 21 days if you owe taxes.

Once you are ready to amend your return:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. On the home screen, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and select the year you want to amend.
  3. Select Amend (change) return, then Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the directions to start your amendment.
  5. Your refund will go to zero, don't worry, that's normal.
  6. On the screen OK, let's get a kickstart on your amended return, select the reason(s) you're amending, and Continue.
  7. When you reach Here's the info for your amended federal return, select Start next to the info you need to change.
  8. Continue through the screens, make the changes you need to make, and carefully answer the remaining questions to finish amending your return.

If you file a state return, you can continue into your state after your federal return is complete.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
leshofer

Sorry but I have desktop so when I sign into Turbotax online my tax returns are not there.  Is there something I can do to add to my online account or do it from my desktop version?

As soon as you open TurboTax without a File name, the first screen presents the opportunity to amend.

You can't use TurboTax Online.

@leshofer 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies