Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

X's and no numbers for bank information problem and question.

I did the efile for federal. I owe federal, so I put in routing and account number for the money to be taken out. The account is from checking and I didn't receive any errors. I requested for the money to be taken out on the next business day.

Got the email that federal accepted my tax return. Checked with the bank the next day and the money has not been taken out. I'm guessing that it can take a few more days for the money to be taken out.

My problem/question......I checked my saved pdf of my federal taxes and the "check forms" option when I have TurboTax software open. When I get to the section with the routing and account numbers for my bank, there are X's and no numbers. Did my taxes get filed with the routing and account numbers missing resulting in federal not being able to take the money out of the bank account? If so, how would I be able to pay the taxes?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The X's are there to protect the routing and account numbers.  The numbers have been transmitted and will be used by the government to pay the taxes when the return is processed.

Accepted means your tax return was received and has passed initial inspection, such as the correct Social Security number and correctly claimed dependents.

It can take a few days to three weeks for your return to go from acceptance to approval. The IRS can only help you after more than 21 calendar days have passed.

Select your situation for more details. 

I’m getting a refund

I owe

You can create an IRS online account so that you can see all activity on your accounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the throughout reply and links. Very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies