Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Goodmead
Returning Member

Wrong Filing address?

I live in CT, and i finished my taxes on February 1, and sent them in that afternoon.  My state one was sent to Hartford, but the Turbotax told me to send my federal one to: Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Kansas City, MO 64999-0002. My state one was received and processed, however the Federal one is MIA? I called the IRS hotline and used their online tool, but they could not find my federal.

Should I:

A) Wait?

B) Mail another copy of my Federal one to Missouri?

C) Mail a copy to Hartford?

Note: I had to file by paper because TT had a broken NEC form at the time which wouldn't allow me to click on other fields in the form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Wrong Filing address?

"Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Kansas City, MO 64999-0002." If you were expecting a refund, this is the correct address for a 1040 return for a Connecticut taxpayer.

As you know, chronic underfunding and the pandemic have affected IRS staffing, and there are millions of unprocessed paper returns. The IRS is saying that the backlog should be taken care of by the end of this year.

So who is asking for a copy of your 1040? The IRS? the State? If no one is asking for it, I would say "wait" and let the IRS catch up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies