• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mechele2019

Wmr bars dissapeared and refund amount also am I getting audited?

what does it mean when your refund amount dissapears on wmr
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 12
Level 12

It could mean that some error in the processing kicked out the  return -- it will now be looked at by a human , perfected and then put back in the queue fro processing ( assuming that this took place before the refund was approved).  If it after the approval of refund ( the return has been fully processed)  then it is waiting for refundable credits or some other adjustments ( like claims from some agency - child support , state , student loan etc. ). The last possibility  is that got selected for a  desk audit . I would suggest waiting for a week and see if things normalize. There is usually nothing to fear about an audit, if you have claimed all you should , don't worry.  They sometimes audit just to make sure the automatic system  of gates/ checks is working properly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pk
Level 12
Level 12

It could mean that some error in the processing kicked out the  return -- it will now be looked at by a human , perfected and then put back in the queue fro processing ( assuming that this took place before the refund was approved).  If it after the approval of refund ( the return has been fully processed)  then it is waiting for refundable credits or some other adjustments ( like claims from some agency - child support , state , student loan etc. ). The last possibility  is that got selected for a  desk audit . I would suggest waiting for a week and see if things normalize. There is usually nothing to fear about an audit, if you have claimed all you should , don't worry.  They sometimes audit just to make sure the automatic system  of gates/ checks is working properly

View solution in original post

mechele2019

It was accepted and in the processing stage then the bars dissapeared no codes for the irs just the tax topic 152
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v