Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smcollom

Will "Where's My Amended Return" show status of the amended return that I filed for 2015?

I mailed amended returns for 2015 and 2016 during the last week of January 2019. When using the "Where's My Amended Return" tool it shows that 2016 was received February 5th, 2019 and that it's been adjusted already. 2015 isn't showing up using the tool at all. I know it says that it can only show amended returns for the current year and 3 years prior. Does that mean current as in 2019 and back to 2016, or current year taxes are being filed for (2018) and back to 2015? I tried calling the IRS regarding this matter, but can't seem to get a hold of an actual person at any of the numbers that I've found. Thank you for your help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Will "Where's My Amended Return" show status of the amended return that I filed for 2015?

Your Amended Return for 2015 should show up in the "Where's My Amended Return" status once the IRS begins processing it.  

The current tax year is 2018, so the previous 3 years are 2017, 2016 & 2015.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Your Amended Return for 2015 should show up in the "Where's My Amended Return" status once the IRS begins processing it.  

The current tax year is 2018, so the previous 3 years are 2017, 2016 & 2015.

smcollom

Thank you so much for your answer. I'll keep using the tool to check for 2015.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies