turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my direct deposit for the stimulus check be dropped tomorrow

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax does not get any information about your stimulus money.  The IRS does & they don't send you a notice when it is deposited.   You would have to check your bank account.  You should get a letter after your receive the stimulus money stating how much you should have received.

Who is getting the money first

The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.

Elise Gould, a senior economist with the Economic Policy Institute, said some might not see the money until mid-summer.

“There’s going to have to be a way to collect their information, and that process could take a couple months,” Gould said.

What if the IRS doesn't have my current bank info for direct deposit?

The IRS is creating a web portal where users can check the status of their stimulus payments. It will launch this week. The site will also have a feature to enter your bank account information if the IRS doesn’t already have it from a 2018 or 2019 refund. The IRS expects this to launch this tool by Friday, April 17.

Check this page to view the stimulus check tracker info and look for the "Get My Payment" button, when it launches.

On the web: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Stimulus check tracker

The coming IRS web portal will also let users check the status of their stimulus payments. The IRS expects this to launch by Friday, April 17.

Check this page to view the stimulus check tracker info and look for the "Get My Payment" button, when it launches.

View solution in original post

30 Replies

TurboTax does not get any information about your stimulus money.  The IRS does & they don't send you a notice when it is deposited.   You would have to check your bank account.  You should get a letter after your receive the stimulus money stating how much you should have received.

Who is getting the money first

The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.

Elise Gould, a senior economist with the Economic Policy Institute, said some might not see the money until mid-summer.

“There’s going to have to be a way to collect their information, and that process could take a couple months,” Gould said.

What if the IRS doesn't have my current bank info for direct deposit?

The IRS is creating a web portal where users can check the status of their stimulus payments. It will launch this week. The site will also have a feature to enter your bank account information if the IRS doesn’t already have it from a 2018 or 2019 refund. The IRS expects this to launch this tool by Friday, April 17.

Stimulus check tracker

The coming IRS web portal will also let users check the status of their stimulus payments. The IRS expects this to launch by Friday, April 17.

@melinna0598_  hi there, just got my stimulus check tonight in my bank, same with sister in law. Should be coming for you soon! Yay!

So I checked the get my payment tool this morning since I still hadn’t seen a deposit on my turbo card and it said they did not have enough information so I had to put in my bank account Information and now I wait some more. Maybe others somehow miraculously got it on their turbo card but I didn’t.

Not for me, TT forced me to use the card since I got a $500 advance, So when I checked the portal for the IRS this morning it said it didn't have enough info to DD. So I updated it and wait now I guess.

Check the IRS website for tracking stimulus checks and it says my deposit was scheduled for today, April 15th but the direct deposit information DOES NOT MATCH my Turbo Card account number. So we all get our federal refund via green dot but it seems our stimulus checks are going to be delayed until the IRS either requests updated information or mails us a check. 

I am livid Screenshot_20200415-083205~2.png

at Turbo Tax right now. 

Oh no! Will the portal let you update to something else, If you have a other account to use that is

So I just checked the IRS online tool “where’s my payment” and it said it was deposited into a bank account today that was ending in the last four of my social. That didn’t make any sense to me because my tax forms match the deposit information on my TurboTax card. So obviously because we can’t contact the IRS I contacted a turbo tax live rep. I told her what I had seen and asked if she knew if we were getting our stimulus checks on the card or not and she stated to me that the IRS will NOT be depositing our stimulus checks onto the card. So us TurboTax card users are pretty much SOL. She said the IRS stated that if anyone used a third party for their refunds then they will not be getting them on those type of cards. So now we have to wait until somehow we are able to update our banking information. This will be the last time I ever use a TurboTax card. 

I won’t be using turbo tax again!

My tracking said the same thing, it was showing an account number but the last four listed were my husbands last four of his social. 

Kvda80

No! It will not be direct deposited. You will need to add account information on the IRS webpage. Just found out using there new tracker. 

It’s not going to let everyone update their account information. 

A7F0D89A-825F-41F5-A5E2-44CB891D8544.png

I just received this email I guess I will see what happens. 

atruex3

I was finally able to log into my Prepaid card portal and my stimulus check was deposited this morning. I believe if your 2019 1040 matches the direct deposit info listed it will be deposited. It took me about 2 hours to finally log into my account and the IRS website was not working for me either, but be patient 

It’s frustrating when turbo tax reps have no clue what’s going on. But to FINALLY hear someone has received their check on their card has me hopeful. So I guess we’ll see. I still have not been able to login to my card for a couple of hours either though. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies