Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is TurboTax Desktop 2017 download?

I need to review and possibly alter my 2017 return.  I no longer have TurboTax Desktop 2017 on this new computer.  I went to my TurboTax account to download my 2017 version again, and it is not available.  The download is the 2016 version!!!  What is up with this???  I need the 2017.Screenshot 2023-11-28 181600.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

If you bought the product from Intuit, try the link below.

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/app/turbotaxdesktop

@tagteam NOPE....  Intuit TurboTax has substituted 2016 for 2017....Screenshot 2023-11-28 234326.png

I'd say you need to contact Support.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

Uh, yeah, I did.  My options are to "Posting your question to our community of experts", which I did and I'm still waiting for an acceptable response.  The other option is to "Talking one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert or CPA" - NOT a question for their skills.  

I'll continue to wait until Intuit Turbotax proactively follows their instructions and check the Community questions.

@gtowsley wrote:

I'll continue to wait until Intuit Turbotax proactively follows their instructions and check the Community questions.

You may be waiting a long time as no one in a position to answer your question about the missing download checks this board.

☹️  I've just lost all faith in Intuit Turbotax and will look for another tax program in the future.  

This community is for TurboTax users with answers provided by fellow TurboTax users. Volunteers who care enough to help other users.  This is not a direct line to TurboTax. 

Understood.  Unfortunately, this is the support that TurboTax uses.  I called their support number and I got another community member who had to reach out to TurboTax.  Unfortunately, the middleman volunteer didn't understand the issue and therefore nothing was resolved.  I'm still supposed to love TurboTax now?

@gtowsley wrote:

.......Unfortunately, this is the support that TurboTax uses. 

No, this is NOT the support that TurboTax uses for issues such as billing, product returns and product refunds, and other anomalies with a customer's Intuit account. Again, for those issues, you need to contact Support directly; your issue will not be resolved in this forum.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies