Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find items to print and mail even when I e-file?

I accidentally clicked off the screen before downloading the forms I needed to print (even though I e-filed and made all payments online). Where can I find these after my returns have been electronically filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To print your return

TurboTax Online

To get a copy of your 2022 tax return that you filed this year, sign in to the account you used to file this year's taxes, and either:

• Select Preview or print returns if your return has been accepted, or
  • Select Your tax returns & documents to expand it if needed and select Download/print return (PDF)

TurboTax CD/Download

To print a copy of your return, complete the following steps:

1. Open the return you want to print
  2. From the File menu (or TurboTax menu if you're on a Mac), choose Print
  3. In the pop-up window, select the form set you want to print (tax return, specific forms, etc.) and then select Preview Print Copy (on Mac, select your print options and then select Continue)
  4. Select the printer icon from the menu to open the print window, and then after making any adjustments in the window, select Print 

You can also print directly from a saved PDF of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in step 4.

The printout won't include copies of the entry forms you got in the mail, such as W-2s or 1099s. If you need copies of those, contact whoever issued them originally.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

To print your return

TurboTax Online

To get a copy of your 2022 tax return that you filed this year, sign in to the account you used to file this year's taxes, and either:

• Select Preview or print returns if your return has been accepted, or
  • Select Your tax returns & documents to expand it if needed and select Download/print return (PDF)

TurboTax CD/Download

To print a copy of your return, complete the following steps:

1. Open the return you want to print
  2. From the File menu (or TurboTax menu if you're on a Mac), choose Print
  3. In the pop-up window, select the form set you want to print (tax return, specific forms, etc.) and then select Preview Print Copy (on Mac, select your print options and then select Continue)
  4. Select the printer icon from the menu to open the print window, and then after making any adjustments in the window, select Print 

You can also print directly from a saved PDF of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in step 4.

The printout won't include copies of the entry forms you got in the mail, such as W-2s or 1099s. If you need copies of those, contact whoever issued them originally.

Thanks! I know how to print the whole return, but I’m not sure what forms I need to mail after e-filing… there was a screen I accidentally clicked through that had a button for printing forms I needed to also mail after e-filing… that’s what I’m looking for. Can you help me find that information?

The following is from TurboTax:

Do I need to mail anything after I've e-filed?

Not unless we tell you to. The goal of e-filing is to eliminate as much paperwork as possible.

There are a handful of situations where you might have to mail something after e-filing, like if your return contains Form 8453. We'll let you know if you're affected. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

We recommend that you print your return for your records after your e-filed return has been accepted.

They did tell me to, but I accidentally clicked through it. That’s what I need help locating.

No one here can see your return or account.  Does your return include the 8453 form?  If it does, that is the form you need to print and attach the form that is checked on the 8453 form.  If you don't have a 8453 form when you print your return (or any of the forms on the 8453 form), then you do not have to mail anything since you e-filed (& accepted).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies