homesfromdennis

When you do an amend, is the refund for just the amended part?

I was getting $2600 from federal now after I amend (I reported a stock loss) I'm getting $450

AmandaR1

Yes, the refund or amount due is based solely on the change to your originally filed numbers, which is reported on the amended return form 1040X. You should wait until your refund from your initially filed return has cleared your bank account, before amending. Amending can't change your initial refund.

That makes sense that you reported a loss and are now getting another refund (instead of reporting income and owing some of the refund you just received). 

AmandaR1