Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I do, if my bank returned my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

What should I do, if my bank returned my tax return?

Do you mean your tax refund?  i.e., did your bank refuse a direct deposit of your Federal tax refund?   If your bank returned the funds, the funds go back to whoever sent it.   If it came directly from the IRS to your bank, then the refund would go back to the IRS, who will send you a check by postal mail to the address on your return.

However, there's another possible scenario that may or may not apply to you.   If it doesn't apply to you, just ignore it.

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?  If so, that's handled through a third-party bank that first receives the funds from the IRS, takes out the TurboTax fees, then sends the rest to your bank account.   If you used that service, and if your bank refuses that deposit, it goes back to the third-party company (SBTPG), who most commonly would mail a check to the address on your return.   In less-common circumstances, that third-party company might send it back to the IRS, and the IRS would mail the check.    If you used that payment option, we can tell you how to check with SBTPG.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies