Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What is the address for the Department of Treasury IRS to mail out my return forms?

@Mcvanvorce The advice was to give it a few days and it should say it arrived there. The IRS provides the addresses for mailing a return according to the state you live in. If the address is verified and is correct, it should arrive shortly. Please review below.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is the address for the Department of Treasury IRS to mail out my return forms?

What is address for irs kentucky

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The address you will need to mail your return to is on the following page. Please click the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/kentucky-where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals

Nflguy

I sent my amended return certified mail to the IRS in Austin, TX on April 2nd. I mailed it from the Dallas area which is a 3 hour drive from Austin. On April 3rd tracking showed it was picked up in Dallas. April 5th tracking showed it arrived at a Austin postal facility. April 9th tracking showed it was in route to final destination. Today is May 13th and the postal service tracking has had no updates since April 9th.

I decided to try sending it again on May 6th. Tracking shows it was picked up on May 7th in Dallas area and is currently “in route”.  Again today is May 13th and there have been no tracking updates since May 7th.

This is all very odd since it’s not like my letter is traveling across the country. I understand it taking 12 weeks or whatever to process once they receive it but the postal service should be able to take a letter to a location that is a three hour drive in less then a freaking month. 

im planning to contact the post master for the dallas area and the Austin area. I’m concerned that since these letters were addressed to the IRS that postal workers k ow they likely contain personal info (social security, name/addy etc) and are stealing the info this the letters never arrive. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

It may also be due to the fact that the IRS is not processing paper filed returns due to Covid-19 social distancing.  

Please see the link below for updates to the departments that you can currently contact within the IRS.

IRS operations

You can try contacting your postal service as well if you have not received confirmation of the tracking that you have already paid for. 

helloworld12345
Returning Member

Hello OP, 

My USPS tracking changed from "Available for pickup" to " Additional steps - Redelivery Requested" and they will return my packet on July 16th, if no one collects it. And I cannot even enter the new address as it is not allowed for IRS. Is that normal. Pretty worried about that

I have the same issues, sent by mail my return and just shows "ready for pickup" in Austin. Seems some people on this thread had theirs delivered and some haven't....... this tax stuff causes enough anxiety as it is....love how each step always seems to add more issues.

I have the exact same issue.

To people for whom it was resolved: how many days did it take from available for pickup to delivered?

Some IRS processing offices are unmanned and if there is no one to accept delivery, the package will be returned to you.

tsarxulu

Facing the exact same problem.

Mine went from ready for pickup in Austin to delivered within 24 hours 

tsarxulu

@helloworld12345 I am facing the same issues as yours. Was your issue resolved? If so how long did it take.

@tsarxulu 

Hi, this is helloworld12345, I forgot my password to the other one. But no, I still have the issue, I'll probably take the package back and get it redelivered. I don't have to pay any taxes so I won't be charged, I just have to get my tax return, which if fine if you do it after the deadline (the deadline is 3 years for that). Also, I have my tracking receipt for my first delivery, so if they every contact me in the future, I would tell them that I had it delivered. So not really worried about anything. Just relax, it's not our problem, that IRS did not pick it up 

tsarxulu

@helloworld12345 Thanks for replying. I am in the same position as yours. I will do the same.

91A5EEE0-E29A-4C9F-ABDB-A29498DDFEC2.jpeg

I opened an enquiry with USPS for my tracking number and got this response. Guess they just stopped scanning 😕

Hope it helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies